Today, Danish Design Award is open for submissions for the 2018 edition Denmark’s grand design award, which celebrates the impact design has on industry and society.
Last year, over 200 design solutions were submitted for the Danish Design Award. Each and every one demonstrated the value design has across the industry, daily lives and society at large.
Christian Bason, CEO of the Danish Design Center, says:
– “We want the Danish Design Award to be a visionary design award that celebrates design as a tool to create valuable solutions across different sectors. We don’t look at the isolated effects of specific types og design, as many other awards do, but at the impact and value the design creates. All types of design are welcome, from furniture to service and branding. It is the effect and value creation that decide whether the solution is relevant and which category it should be submitted in.”
Henrik Weiglin, CEO of Design denmark, says:
– “In a very short time, the award has become an award that designers and businesses take note of and really want to win. We can tell by the number of nominees in the past years, and by the width and innovativeness of the solutions. On top of this, we experience a lot of interest among the designers themselves, from the industry and from the municipalities. We are very aware that Danish Design Award is a setup that is much more than just a celebration. It is also an awareness campaign that communicates the difference design makes. It helps promote the demand for design to the benefit of businesses, citizens and the economy.”
CHECK OUT: Submissions for the Danish Design Award 2018
The 15 design awards of the year are:
- a design award for solutions that deliver a message powerfully, simply and beautifully.
- a design award for solutions that reduce cost.
- a design award for solutions that enable resources to be shared efficiently between many.
- a design award for solutions that increase revenue.
- a design award for solutions that positively affect our working life.
- a design award for solutions that improve everyday life.
- a design award for solutions that make an emotional or sensual connection with people in a surprising way that simply makes you “feel good”!
- a design award for solutions that enable a healthy body or mind for many.
- a design award for solutions that lead to new ways of learning and educating.
- a design award for solutions that respect or clean the natural environment.
- a design award for solutions that improve or redefine a service.
- a design award for solutions that are out of reach but within sight.
- a design award for an outstanding concept or solution that has become an icon internationally.
- a design award for an outstanding talent aged 30 years or younger.
- a design award for solutions that create jobs in Denmark.
- a design award for solutions that are selected by the general public.
READ MORE: About the categories